The additional sectors are:
1. Automotive Industry (restricted to export of Completely Built Units – CBU, spare parts & components, and after-sales service)
2. Machinery & Equipment Industry
3. Aerospace Industry
4. Construction Project and Services related to Construction Industry:
- Projects whereby the main contractors are G1–G2
- Projects that have achieved physical progress of 90% and above
- Tunneling works
- Maintenance works
- Sloping works
- Emergency works that are consequent to contractual obligations
- Maintenance, cleaning, and drying of stagnant water, spraying of pesticides at construction sites which prevent the breeding of Aedes mosquitoes and other pests
- Other works that if left incomplete may result in danger
- Building projects with 70 IBS score and above
- Construction projects with accommodation facilities for workers, such as centralised quarters for workers or workers’ camp
- Professional services related to the construction industry including architects, engineers, town-planners, land surveyors, quantity surveyors, project managers, facility managers as well as other relevant services
5. Service Provider in Science, Professional & Technical Field (restricted to services incidental to legal practice, O&G, Covid-19 related R&D, testing lab for the sectors allowed to operate)
6. Social Health Services (including registered traditional medical practitioners such as TCM practitioners)
7. Hardware Supplies, Electric & Electronic Shop (restricted to retail and wholesale only)
8. Laundry Service (restricted to full service only)
List Of Essential Manufacturing Sector Allowed To Operate Subject To MITI Conditions
(A) LISTS OF ESSENTIAL GOODS
1. Food and beverage items including imported items
- Vegetable and animal oils and fats
- Flour and All Grain Mill Products
- Dairy products – milk, infant formula
- Condiments and Spices
- Dry food
- Coffee and tea
- Canned food
- Animal feed / Processing of fruits and vegetable
2. Agriculture and fisheries including imports
- Fish and Seafood
3. Household products
- Personal care items
- Toilet paper and tissue paper
4. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including Fire Safety Equipment and Medical Attire including face mask, rubber gloves.
5. Pharmaceutical – all chemicals and drugs production
6. Packaging materials and printing including ink
7. Medical and surgical devices
8. Parts for medical devices eg. parts for ventilators
(B) LIST OF PRODUCTS THAT ARE PART OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN OF ESSENTIAL GOODS SUPPLY CHAIN FOR EXEMPTION FROM THE RESTRICTION OF MOVEMENT
1. Oil & Gas
- PTA & PET Resins
- Polyester fibres & filaments
- Polypropylene & polyethylene
- ABS & MABS resins
- Maleic Anhydride
- PVC Paste resin
- Expanded EPE
- Impact modifiers & processing aids
- Styrene Monomer
- Styrene Butadiene Latex
3. Chemical and Chemical Products – Fertiliser and Pesticide
4. Electrical & Electronics (E&E) including semiconductors
If the application is approved, employers have to:
- Ensure that all their workers undergo screening at any of the 3,000 over Socso panel health clinics nationwide according to guidelines by the Ministry of Health.
- Ensure that their movement is confined only to leaving their homes to the factories or premises
- Required to provide thermal scanners as well as screening for symptoms of coughing, sore throat or breathing difficulties and the readings of the workers must be recorded and kept for a period of at least three months
- If an employee is infected by COVID-19, then the employer is responsible for the cost of treatment, sanitisation works, and other costs.
Application for Companies to Operate During 3rd Phase of MCO:
(Applications can start be made via https://application.miti.gov.my effective 13 April)
Who should apply?
- Companies within the sectors listed in the MITI Announcement dated 10 April 2020.
- Approvals are not automatic. Companies must submit their application before re-starting their operations.
Where to apply?
- Companies can apply through the COVID-19 Intelligent Management Systems (CIMS) 2.0 at https://application.miti.gov.my
- Click on the link at the front page of MITI’s portal to access the application system.
Step 1 – Before submitting
- Read and agree with the Terms & Conditions before proceeding with the registration.
- Identify a representative from your company to be the contact person.
Step 2 – Once registered, entre the following information into CIMS 2.0
- Company registration details
- Key in SSM, and relevant license number from local authorities
- If you don’t have the above details, you have the option of checking a separate box
- Correspondence and operational address
- You can submit up to 10 addresses of your operations
- For the year 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Total number of workers
- Details required: Name(s), NRIC or other identification, nature/ scope of work, contact details
- Specify Economic activity/ cluster
- Choose your specific sector and cluster from the dropdown menu
- Submit Declaration
- This is a legal declaration that the workers registered in item 4 are free from COVID-19 related symptoms such as cough, fever, difficulty in breathing and sore throat
Step 3 – Submit your application
- Only complete application will be processed
- Processing will take up to 5 days
- Decision on the application is subject to the fulfillment and set criteria
Step 4 – Check your application status on CIMS 2.0
- CIMS 2.0 will auto-generate an approval letter containing a QR Code
- Ensure your registered workforce carry a copy of this letter
- Enforcement agencies may require your workforce to produce identification documents such as company ID or appointment letter, in addition to the approval letter
- Not Approved?
- You may submit an appeal in the same system
For more information, please click: FAQs on Movement Control Order_MITI_BIL_3
Cheng & Co is the leading home-grown International Accounting Firm provide one-stop professional centre with innovative solutions for excellence. Our team is specialized in providing insightful advice to assist your company to get through the business difficulties.
The contact details of Cheng & Co Regional office personnel are as follows: or
Read more on: