Corporate Social Responsibility
Cheng & Co Foundation
As the largest home grown accounting firm in Malaysia, with twelve (12) branches in the Asia-Pacific Region, Cheng & Co Group of Companies is embarking on the ambitious aim of providing corporate social responsibilities in the field of education through the establishment of Cheng & Co Foundation on 23rd September 2011 with an initial sum of RM1 Million. The foundation is founded by Dr Chua Hock Hoo and Mr Tony Ong, whose purpose is to give assistance to any in real need of help, regardless of any areas or ranges.
Offer scholarships/ financial assistances to all the staff and children of the clients, associates in the Cheng & Co Group of Companies in the field of accountancy, tax, business administration, financial and commercial studies. However with more donations and funding, it is intended to extend and widen the scope of the scholarships/ financial assistances.
Essentially, the Foundation will incorporate the following features:-
- Award of scholarships/ study grants.
- The scholarship/ study grants will be funded by ten (10) designated funds with a minimum contribution of RM 100,000.00 donated/ pledged by clients and members of the public.
Each designated Fund will acknowledge the contributor by their preferred name in front followed by Cheng & Co Foundation.
i.e.: Bill Gate, Cheng & Co Foundation: or 1 Malaysia, Cheng & Co Foundation.
- Each designated fund will be managed by board of governance to be appointed by the donors.
- The Foundation will be a non-political and non-religious organisation with the aim of providing financial assistance to Malaysian to further their studies.
- The Foundation will be managed by Indah Secretarial (KL) Sdn Bhd and assisted by volunteers.
Foundation Past events
- Sponsored students with scholarships and study grants based on their achievement in SPM
- Donation by Mr KC Liew (Perth Partner) of RM100k to the Foundation
- Donation by Mr Tan Wae Leng (Deputy Managing Partner) of RM100k to the Foundation
- Donations by Mark Wong (Alumni of Oklahama City University) of RM100k to the Foundation
- Miss Oklahoma (2nd runner up Miss USA 2014) attended our talented staff graduation