Strategic Programme to Empower the People and the Economy (PEMERKASA), comprises a total of 20 strategic initiatives in accelerating economic growth, and strengthen the country’s competitiveness where the focus is on attracting investments, boosting external trade and increasing the use of digital technology. This is the sixth package unveiled since the start of the pandemic early 2020.
PEMERKASA worth RM20billion as well as a new fiscal injection of RM11billion in line with the government’s effort to jumpstart the country’s economy.
Initiatives laid out in PEMERKASA are as follows:
- Additional Deduction on hostel/premise rental given to Manufacturing or service companies related to Manufacturing industries.
- Employers who conduct COVID-19 test for their employees are allowed to make addition tax deduction on the cost f COVID-19 test incurred until 31.12.2021
- Micro-SME GKP 3.0 RM1,000 (Registration commence on 01.04.2021 and only for 1st timer)
- SME Corp will provide RM50 mil to help local SMEs obtain financing of up to RM250k at interest rate as low as 3%
- Hiring incentive expanded to included short term work or gig services platform providers register with Perkeso will received RM200 for each worker hired or placed.
- Special grant for Travel Agency RM3,000 and register under MOTAC
- eBelia eWallet credit increased from RM150 (Start in Jun 2021)
- Special 10% electricity bill discount will be extend for another 3 months until 30/06/2021 for hotel, theme parks, convention centres, shopping malls, local airline offices and travel agencies.
- RM300 : Program Jaringan PRIHATIN subsidise B40 group with children to buy new smartphone or internet subscription
- Special Grant RM600 (One off) for Homestay registration with MOTAC
- Ron 95 petrol and diesel have fixed ceiling price of RM2.05 and RM2.15 per litre respectively
- B40 group, who have lost their income, to obtain assistance such as a one-off assistance of RM500.
- Apprenticeship programmed will be extended for another 6 months in which apprentice will receive incentive of RM800.
- Deferment on CP204 start from 01/04/2021 to 31/12/2021 for tourism and selected industries such as Cinema and Spa
- HRDF exemption until June 2021 for tourism and retail industries.
- Tourism Tax Relief RM1,000 expanded to include travel packages
- RM500 one off payment to BPR recipients earning RM1,000 and below
- B40 who are quarantined from home due to COVID-19 is eligible to received RM50 allowance per day for 14days.
- WSP 3.0 extend for another 3 months for tourism, whose and retail, gym, Spa and business which are closed during MCO
- Tourism tax and hotel service tax exemption extend until 31/12/2021
Source from : (https://www.pmo.gov.my/2021/03/teks-ucapan-program-strategik-memperkasa-rakyat-dan-ekonomi-pemerkasa/)
For more information, please click: TEKS-UCAPAN-PM-PEMERKASA-17032021
You should not miss considering to participate the Special Voluntary Disclosure Programme 2.0 (SVDP 2.0) of Malaysia
By Mr. Lam Kwai Soon, COO & Tax Managing Director, Cheng & Co Group of Companies...
Planning to shut down your company, Limited Liability Partnership, or Labuan Entity in Malaysia?...
It begins with a brief introduction to e-filing, detailing, among other things, your...
Lam Kwai Soon
Jack Wong Wai Ying
Paul Wong Poh Wat
Izzah Nur Fatimah
Lau Hui Xian
Stay Current with Our Newsletter
Keep ahead of the competition with the important industry highlight, tax updates, insightful articles, and other exciting news.
The information provided by CHENG & CO (“we,” “us” or “our”) on www.chengco.com.my (the “Site”) [and our mobile application] is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site [and our mobile application] is provided in good faith; however, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site [or our mobile application].