Whether you are aware of the changes in technology brings or not, it indeed alters many ways of how things work; and, digitalisation is one of the outcomes of technology advancement. The word “digitalisation” refers to the process of leveraging technologies and data to enhance the business’s operation, communication, and performance. The fundamental reason for digitalisation is technology advancement. However, several other reasons encourage the implementation of digitalisation as well. We have listed down several as below:
- Competition in Business: Digitalisation enhances the business’s operational processes; hence, the company gets to have a mightier competitive edge in the market. So, it creates fierce competition which will automatically eliminate those who do not digitalise.
- Eco-friendly: Now many governments have been promoting the idea of “go green,” and they provide incentives or discount for companies that adopt the policy. In this narration, digitalization reduces the usage of paper as everything goes online.
- Analysis Purpose: Going on cloud allows the business to gather data easily. Which means the business can use the collected data to do their analysis, and for future decision making.
Areas to Digitalise
Digitalization encompasses a wide range, hereafter only highlight few key areas that the implementation of digitalization can take place on.
Internal business processes are the core daily fundamental processes that the business runs to keep the business in operation. For instance, purchasing raw materials, managing the inventory, producing goods and services, and so on. These processes are mostly done manually with partial assistance of technology. However, now many processes can be done via technology. Herewith some areas that you can start your digitalisation with:
- HR Aspect:
- Payroll System: Payroll System allows the company to calculate employees’ salary efficiently, and once the data keys in it will follow the setting automatically; hence, the company does not need to figure it monthly by manual, or to worry about manual mistakes.
- Inventory Aspect:
- ERP System: Electronic Resource Planning allows the business to manage its inventory, get analysis of the status of stock through previous records, and all these become data for future inventory forecasts.
- Financial Aspect:
- Accounting and Tax: Company can enter their daily recorded figures into the software, and it will generate different kinds of reports that the company requires. After the reports are generated, the software will then calculate the tax payable amount for the company.
- Operational Aspect:
- Production Process: Digitalisation in the production process (i.e.: 3D Printing, Industrial Robotics, and more) allows the company to fasten and standardise the production.
Unlike internal business processes, the external business process focuses more on the outer relationship management of the business. For instance, marketing, customer relationship management (CRM) and recruitment.
- Marketing: Digitalize marketing process is the most common digitalization for businesses. Businesses design an informative website to attract customers. This not only retains old customers, but it also helps to attract new customers.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Many companies start a personalized platform to manage their customers and create the customers’ relationships. The platform allows the customers to obtain information related to the company, channel to provide their feedback and build connection and interaction between the company.
- Recruitment: Everything has gone online, recruitment as well. With online recruitment, the system can filter and select the candidates less biasedly, which increases the chance of company hire their desired employee. Moreover, it speeds up the entire process of recruitment.
Advantages of Digitalisation
- Information Flow: Along with the digitalisation, information flows easily across the net. In this narration, it becomes easy for the business to get access to information they required more easily.
- Improve Company’s Performance: As the internal business processes (i.e.: accounting, ERP) are enhanced, the overall performance of the company will be more efficient than before.
- Enhance Customer Service: With the help of digitalisation, the company gets to hear the voice of customers; for instance, the company can carry out appropriate web conferences to check on the status of client companies and receive their feedback. In this narration, it means that the company can make amendments accordingly to the feedback.
- Understand the Employee: Usage of social media has expanded widely. People post about their life on a different platform, and it becomes one of the more simplistic ways for the employer to know more about their employee.
- Increase Competitiveness in the Industry: Digitalisation encourages the competitiveness in the industry which pushes the businesses in the industry to enhance themselves.
- Easier for Recording Purpose: In comparison to analogue data, digital data can save easier.
Disadvantages of Digitalization
- Too Standardize: As everything is processed by technology, everything is fair and just; however, it might lack the flexibility sometimes.
- Security Concern: Many people might have a concern about the security level of saving essential data online as it could be hacked or removed without proper safety measures.
- Information Overload: Information comes too fast and too much, which results in most of the people accept the information without filtering it themselves. In this narration, people will get mislead or confuse with the unilateral information.
Grab the Best Chance to Digitalize Now Now you can digitalise your business with up to 50% (maximum RM 5,000) grant provided by the government. Seize the chance and let Cheng & Co begin your journey of digitalization together with you. Do not hesitate to contact us and know more about this valuable deal.
Income Tax Return Form Filling Schedule 2021 TYPE OF TAX RETURN FORM CATEGORY OF TAXPAYER...
Self-Rescue: How to Manage Tax Issues? Attend this webinar and learn how to manage frequently...
Our government has released the FAQ of PERMAI Wage Subsidy Programme 3.0 on 19 January 2021 for...
Tai Ming Ming
Global Business Services (GBS) Director
Stay Current with Our Newsletter
Keep ahead of the competition with the important industry highlight, tax updates, insightful articles, and other exciting news.
The information provided by CHENG & CO (“we,” “us” or “our”) on www.chengco.com.my (the “Site”) [and our mobile application] is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site [and our mobile application] is provided in good faith; however, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site [or our mobile application].