Our government has released the FAQ of PERMAI Wage Subsidy Programme 3.0 on 19 January 2021 for the economic sectors affected by Movement Control Order (MCO) 2.0. Eligible companies may get 1-month financial aid of RM 600, up to 500 employees. The new application must be made from 19 January to 30 June 2021.
- Business sales decline of 30% or more, comparing from the month in MCO period with the same month last year.
- Both employers & employees registered with SOCSO before 1 January 2021
- Employers registered with SSM/local authority before 1 January 2021.
- Employee’s salary per month RM4,000 and below
- Wages [SOCSO Act 1969, Act 4] inclusive of basic salary, overtime, allowance, annual paid leave, sick leave, maternity leave, public holiday, service charges; EXCLUDE:
- contribution to pension/provident fund,
- travelling allowance, reimbursement for the performance of employment duties,
- annual bonus,
- any other remuneration
- Employer must retain employees under WSP 3.0
- Employers are allowed to reduce working hours/ wages after discussion with the employee
- Not applicable for employees under PENJANA Hiring Incentive
- Employees information listing (full names, IC no, gender, position, education level, mobile no, email address, current salary, non-paid leave declaration)
- Bank account information (first page)
- Business Registration Number (BRN) used to open the company bank account (please refer to the bank to avoid confusion)
- A copy of SSM/ROC/ROB/relevant local authority registration certificate
- WSP 3.0 Declaration Form
- Employees defined as any person who is employed for wages under a contract of service or apprenticeship with an employer; and:
- directly employed by the principal employer on any work;
- employed by or through an immediate employer on the premises of the industry or under the supervision of the principal employer;
- whose services are temporarily lent or let on hire to the principal employer
- Sales Statement to prove decline of 30% or more:
- Monthly sales figure showing certain months decline of 30% or more compared to the same month in the previous year after the MCO
If employers fail to comply, SOCSO has the right to suspend all payments or reclaim any money that has been paid previously or take legal action on the employer.
Source from PERKESO Official Website (https://www.perkeso.gov.my/images/permai/psu3/FAQ_Program_Subsidi_Upah_Bersasar_30_PERMAI_190121.pdf)
For more information, please click: FAQ_Program_Subsidi_Upah_Bersasar_30_PERMAI_190121
You should not miss considering to participate the Special Voluntary Disclosure Programme 2.0 (SVDP 2.0) of Malaysia
By Mr. Lam Kwai Soon, COO & Tax Managing Director, Cheng & Co Group of Companies...
Planning to shut down your company, Limited Liability Partnership, or Labuan Entity in Malaysia?...
It begins with a brief introduction to e-filing, detailing, among other things, your...
Lam Kwai Soon
Managing Director of Tax
Jack Wong Wai Ying
Senior Tax Manager
Paul Wong Poh Wat
Tax Advisory Manager
Izzah Nur Fatimah
Assistant Tax Manager
Lau Hui Xian
Assistant Tax Manager
Stay Current with Our Newsletter
Keep ahead of the competition with the important industry highlight, tax updates, insightful articles, and other exciting news.
The information provided by CHENG & CO (“we,” “us” or “our”) on www.chengco.com.my (the “Site”) [and our mobile application] is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site [and our mobile application] is provided in good faith; however, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site [or our mobile application].