On 25th September 2020, Social Security Organisation (SOCSO) has published the FAQs on SOCSO official website and the significant highlights as below:
1. When the Program Subsidi Upah (PSU) 2.0 start effective and deadline for application?
- The application of PSU 2.0 is effective from 1st October 2020 and the deadline application on 31st December 2020.
2. Important features of PSU 2.0:
Highlighted parts are the updated areas of the PSU 2.0:
|Size of Company||Not more than 75 employees||76 – 200 employees||More than 200 employees|
|Subsidy amount for existing applicants|
RM600 per employee for 3 months.
|Subsidy amount for new applicants|
RM600 per employee for 6 months.
|Maximum number of employees that can be claimed||75 employees||200 employees||200 employees|
|Percentage of the decline in revenue||The decline of 30% or more in the revenue or income by comparing total revenue with the same month of 2020 and 2019 (Refer to Section 8 below)|
|Registration of Employer|
|Employee’s salary per month|
|How to apply|
3. The existing applicant need to submit new applications for PSU 2.0?
- Yes, it is mandatory need to apply through prihatin.perkeso.gov.my from 1st October 2020 onwards.
4. Does the employer need to submit new application for the subsequent month claim?
- No need. For the subsequent month, employer only need to update the changes on the employees listing and business status (if any) before/ not later than 15th of the month. The wage subsidy will be automatically paid to the respective employer/ company.
- The PSU 2.0 for the next month will be paid based on the updated listing.
- Inaccurate information or variance of information in Portal Assist will be further inquired by SOCSO.
5. If the employer registered with SOCSO before 1st September 2020 and have a staff start working on 1st February 2020 but not registered with SOCSO. Does the employer qualify to apply PSU 2.0?
- Yes, but the employer needs to register the staff under the company before 1st September 2020 before submit the application of PSU 2.0.
6. The employer can apply PSU 2.0 if the application for the previous PSU has been approved on June 2020?
- Yes, as long as fulfilling the requirement and condition in Section 2 above. Employer will obtain the new PSU 2.0 for three (3) months once subsidy in previous PSU has been released.
7. If the employer has been successful apply the PSU before, but some of the staff’s application are rejected due to register after 1st April 2020, the employer qualify to apply PSU 2.0 for the particular staff?
- Yes, the subsidy will be RM600 per month and entitle for 3 months only as long as fulfill the requirement and condition in Section 2 above.
8. How’s the employer to prove the 30% reduction or more in the revenue or income?
- The employer needs to fill up into prihatin.perkeso.gov.my to state the 30% reduction or more in the revenue or income for the same month in 2020 and 2019.
|Month and Year||Revenue (RM)|
9. If there is a staff who is under PSU and PSU 2.0 resign voluntary, the employer needs to submit the new application?
- No need, but need to update as per stated in Section 4 above.
10. How to check the result of PSU 2.0 application?
- The result can check through prihatin.perkeso.gov.my with the reference number given upon submission of the application.
Source from SOCSO Official Website Announcement (https://www.perkeso.gov.my/images/penjana/psu20/25092020_FAQ_PSU_2.0_BM.pdf)
For more information, please visit 25092020_FAQ_PSU_2.0_BM
Cheng & Co is the leading home-grown International Accounting Firm provides the one-stop professional centre with innovative solutions for excellence. Our team is specialized in providing insightful advice to assist your company to get through the business difficulties.
The contact details of Cheng & Co-Regional office personnel are as follows: or
- Northern Region (Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Perak) Mr. Albert Tan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Central Region (Kuala Lumpur, Selangor) Mr. Sam Kong (email@example.com)
- Southern Region (Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Johor) Mr. Aaron Heng (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ms Moon Gan (email@example.com)
The information provided by CHENG & CO (“we,” “us” or “our”) on www.chengco.com.my (the “Site”) [and our mobile application] is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site [and our mobile application] is provided in good faith; however, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site [or our mobile application].