The Government has unveiled the Kita Prihatin Economic Recovery Package worth RM10 billion to help people weather the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and bolster the country’s economy. The Kita Prihatin Economic Stimulus Package is including Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (Prihatin National Aid) 2.0, Geran Khas Prihatin (Prihatin Special Grant) and Program Subsidi Upah (Wage Subsidy Program) 2.0.
1. Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) 2.0
- The BPN 2.0 is comprising the one-off assistance:
- RM1,000 each for 3.7 million B40 households.
- RM500 each for 3.8 million unmarried individuals in the B40.
- RM600 each for 1.4 million M40 households.
- RM300 for 1.7 million unmarried individuals in the M40.
- The disbursement will be made in October 2020 and January 2021.
- The disbursement is based on previous BPN 1.0 eligibility and no application is needed.
- New appeal/ application will be open on 15th October 2020.
For more information, please visit FAQ_BPN_2.0_1
2. Geran Khas Prihatin (GKP)
- For new application only and the new application will reopen from 1st to 31st Oct 2020,
- New application requirements:
- For SMEs registered with SSM or local authorities (Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan) before 31st August 2020;
- Annual revenue below RM300,000;
- Not more than 4 employees (excluding the owner);
- Not a GKP recipient before; and
- Still active conduct operations upon submission of application
- One-off RM3000 assistance.
- The results of applications will be announced from 15th November 2020 onwards.
- The payments are targeted to be made from 25th November 2020.
- The application can be submitted through https://gkp.hasil.gov.my/
For more information, please visit FAQ_GKP_2.0_1
3. Program Subsidi Upah (PSU) 2.0
- Companies that face revenues reduction of 30% compared to last year.
- Companies that qualify for the incentives will be given three months’ subsidy of RM600 a month for each employee, for a maximum of 200 employees.
- Applications open for companies registered with Social Security Organisation (SOCSO) from 1st October to 31st December 2020.
- The companies were not eligible for the scheme previously because they were not registered with the SOCSO before 1st April 2020 and PSU 2.0 would be open for companies that were registered with SOCSO before 31st August 2020.
- New applications that have never received assistance under PSU, will eligible for subsidies up to six (6) months.
Details and highlights on PSU 2.0 are pending to be unveiled by relevant authorities.
Please revisit this website time by time. Stay tuned with us and sign up with us now: https://chengco.com.my/wp/#subscribe
Cheng & Co is the leading home-grown International Accounting Firm provides the one-stop professional centre with innovative solutions for excellence. Our team is specialized in providing insightful advice to assist your company to get through the business difficulties.
The contact details of Cheng & Co-Regional office personnel are as follows: or
- Northern Region (Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Perak) Mr. Albert Tan (email@example.com)
- Central Region (Kuala Lumpur, Selangor) Mr. Sam Kong (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Southern Region (Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Johor) Mr. Aaron Heng (email@example.com) and Ms Moon Gan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The information provided by CHENG & CO (“we,” “us” or “our”) on www.chengco.com.my (the “Site”) [and our mobile application] is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site [and our mobile application] is provided in good faith; however, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site [or our mobile application].