Many companies do not alert there is a requirement under the Companies Act 2016 to publish the registered name and company registration number including new company numbers.
Eg: ABC Sdn. Bhd. [Company No.: 201305035678 (1033467-Y)
According to Section 30:
1. A company shall display its registered name and company registration number at:
- its registered office;
- every place where its business is carried on; and
- every place where its books are kept.
2. A company shall disclose its registered name and company registration number on:
- its business letters, notices, and other official publications, including in electronic form;
- its websites;
- its bills of exchange, promissory notes, endorsements, and order forms;
- cheques purporting to be signed by or on behalf of the company;
- orders invoices and other demands for payment, receipts and letters of credit purporting to be issued or signed by or on behalf of the company; and
- all other forms of its business correspondence and documentation including payment voucher.
If there are changes in the company name, the former name of the company shall appear beneath its present registered name for a period of not less than twelve months from the date of the change.
The company and every officer who does not comply is considered to commit an offence under the Companies Act 2016.
How to get the new company number
You can get the new company number through https://www.ssm.com.my/Pages/Quick_Link/e-Search.aspx
Cheng & Co is the leading home-grown International Accounting Firm provides the one-stop professional centre with innovative solutions for excellence. Our team is specialized in providing insightful advice to assist your company to get through the business difficulties.
The information provided by CHENG & CO (“we,” “us” or “our”) on www.chengco.com.my (the “Site”) [and our mobile application] is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site [and our mobile application] is provided in good faith; however, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site [or our mobile application].