Before the start-up companies can operate legally in Malaysia, companies are required to comply with some form of licensing. Business licenses are required by the legislation and administrated by various government parties such as agencies, statutory bodies, and local authorities.
General licenses include the necessary licenses. These licenses will be applied upon the investors decided to start a business in Malaysia. List of General Licenses, applicable to any businesses including:
- Company Registration
- Company and Employees’ Income Tax Registration
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Social Security Organization (PERKESO)
- Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF)
- Business Premise Licenses and Signboard Licenses
- For Business Premise Licenses and Signboard, Licenses are required to apply under respective State Authorities.
Licenses in the specific sector:
|Wholesale Retail Trade||Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP)|
|Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission’s Office Portal (MCMC)|
|Online Service||Business Licensing Electronic Support System|
Documents required for DBKL application:
- 1 copy of Company / Business / Organization Registration (Forms 9, 13, 24 & 49 or Form D along with business & owner information)
- 1 copy of the identity card/passport of the applicant (Director on form 49 / owner information)
- 1 visual sign-language ad colour verified by LANGUAGE AND LIBRARY and ad install location images (If applicable)
- 2 pieces of an off-premise picture from other angles (4R in size)
2 pieces of pictures on the premises from another angle (4R in size)
Details required in the application form (attached below):
1. Company details:
- Company Name
- Company Registration No.
- Company Address
- Phone No (Company / Business)
- Fax No.:
- Name of Applicant (Company Manager / Director)
- Identity Card / Passport No
- Mobile Phone No.
2. Details of Application
- Business Premise Address
- Telephone No
- Mailing address
- Business Type
- Building Type (Business location, for example, Office complex, shophouse, etc.)
- Customs status of the premise
3. Admission Books of Premises (example as below)
|Application form attached herewith:|
Click “Enquiry of Business License” for more enquiry.