1. What is our Malaysia SME definition?
2. Why need to register?
- To enable the SMEs obtain the grant or incentive from the Government. Besides that, it also enable the Company to verify its SME status.
3. Who is qualified to register?
- Company registered with SSM and with at least 51% local shareholding.
4. Any payment imposed?
- No payment is imposed. RM100 will be charged if company want to obtain the SME Status Certificate (Sijil Akuan PKS).
5. What are the documents needed to upload into this system?
- Business Registration Certificate such as Form 9 and Section 13 & business profile
- Latest audited report for Sdn. Bhd or Management account for sole proprietor and partnership
- Latest EPF Form A for Sdn. Bhd. For sole proprietor and partnership, need latest EPF Form A or organization chart
- Submit shareholding information
6. How long it takes for processing?
- Within 5 working days upon submission of complete application. In addition, SME Corp had also posted via its FB Social Media Account on step-by step guide on the registration process.
Cheng & Co is the leading home-grown International Accounting Firm provide one-stop professional centre with innovative solutions for excellence. Our team is specialized in providing insightful advice to assist your company to get through the business difficulties.
The information provided by CHENG & CO (“we,” “us” or “our”) on www.chengco.com.my (the “Site”) [and our mobile application] is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site [and our mobile application] is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site [or our mobile application].