PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out how Cheng & Co Group (collectively referred as “the Group”) collect, use and protect your Personal Data which you have provided to the Group. By engaging any member of the Group to provide its services or by accessing the Group’s website at www.chengco.com.my (collectively referred as “Website”), you hereby consent to the processing of your Personal Data by the Group in the provision of the Group’s services, which include, but not limited to, audit and/or accounting services or the services that you have requested from any member of the Group (“Services”).
The latest list of the members of the Group can be seen at www.chengco.com.my
1. PERSONAL DATA
1.1 The “Personal Data” that you provide or have provided to the Group includes your name, contact details, address, email address, NRIC number or passport number, bank account information, etc.
1.2 In addition to the Personal Data that you provide to the Group directly (whether when engaging us to provide our services or during any communication with the Group), the Group may also collect your Personal Data from various other sources, including without limitation, from online search tools, information obtained from third parties through lawful sources including but not limited to Companies Commission of Malaysia, National Registration Department of Malaysia, Credit Bureau of Bank Negara Malaysia or any credit reporting agencies, or at events organized or participated by the Group.
1.3 In respect of personal data of third parties such as your employees, you warrant that you have obtained their consent allowing us to process their personal data and you will extend a copy of this Notice to them, if required by law. You also warrant that the processing of personal data provided to us will not place us in breach of any applicable data privacy legislation.
2. PURPOSE OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
2.1 By engaging any member of the Group, you hereby agree and consent to the Group using and processing your Personal Data provided to the Group, in the manner and for the purposes as described below:
(1) for the purpose of provision of the Services;
(2) for preparing any document or instrument which may be required for the purpose set out in sub-paragraph (1) above and such other ancillary work in connection with sub-paragraph (1) above;
(3) to provide such necessary information to any regulatory or governmental authorities as required by statutory, regulatory or governmental requirements;
(4) for the Group’ internal administrative purposes including historical and conflict checking purposes;
(5) for the Group to communicate with you; and
(6) for the Group to comply with its obligations under law or any regulations imposed by regulatory or governmental authorities.
2.2 It is voluntary for you to supply your Personal Data to the Group. However, if you do not wish to provide your Personal Data, the Group may not be able to:
(1) provide you the services that you require; or
(2) communicate effectively with you.
2.3 The Group may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as:
(1) to send you materials such as seasons greeting cards, newsletters, articles, write-ups and other updates, distribute information of events, conferences, talks and seminars which may be of interest to you; and
(2) potential referees to editors / researchers, publications, reports and journals, and potential clients who request for referees of past work in our credential statements, tenders and submissions,
if any, by way of email or mail.
If you do not agree or consent to the Group processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out in this paragraph 2.3, please notify the Group by contacting the Group via the contact details set out in paragraph 5.1 below.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
3.1 Your Personal Data provided to the Group or obtained by the Group shall be kept confidential by the Group. However, it may be necessary for the Group to engage third party companies, service providers or individuals to perform certain services on the Group’ behalf. In such event, you hereby agree and consent that the Group may disclose and transfer your Personal Data to the third parties, within or outside Malaysia, including without limitation, as follows:
(1) banks and financial institutions;
(2) insurance providers;
(3) storage facility providers;
(4) external advisors and other professional advisors, such as auditors, insurers and lawyers; and
(5) such other party as the Group deem necessary for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 2 above including, but not limited to, internal business purposes including client relationship management, account management, internal financial reporting, information technology support (such as storage, hosting, maintenance, support, etc) including outsourcing of the same .
3.2 The Group shall also disclose and transfer the information to any statutory bodies, regulatory bodies and/or governmental authorities where legally required to do so.
4. EMAIL AND WEBSITE
4.1 Any Personal Data contained in the emails and “Contact” messages sent via the Group’ Website to the Group shall be used and processed in the manner set out in this Notice. The content of the messages shall be strictly monitored by the Group.
4.2 If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, please configure your internet browser to delete or deactivate cookies.
4.3 The Group’s’ Website may contain links to other sites and pages. The Group shall not be responsible for any Personal Data or information that you may provide to other entity via the links.
5. REQUEST FOR ACCESS AND INQUIRIES
5.1 You may at any time hereafter request for access to, or request for rectification or correction of your Personal Data (subject to payment of fees, if applicable), or limit the processing of your Personal Data by the Group, as the case may be subject, however to the exceptions and restrictions as may be contained under the applicable law. If you wish to do so, please contact:
Mr. Bryan Lew
Tel. No. 03-79848988
You may also contact the Group via the above contact details if you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of your Personal Data provided to the Group.
5.2 Please note that the Group have the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data to the extent permitted under the applicable law.
5.3 In the event of any change in your personal data, you are obliged to promptly contact and notify the Group via the contact details set out in paragraph 5.1 above.
6.1 The Group reserve the right to amend or modify this Notice from time to time.
6.2 This Personal Data Protection Notice is issued in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. In the event of any inconsistencies or discrepancies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, the English version shall prevail.